Complimentary Faculty Subscriptions
You are eligible to receive a complimentary subscription to The Times when you require students to read the print edition or become digital subscribers as part of your course.* (If you are requiring a digital subscription, you may find it convenient to include students in an NYTimes.com Group Subscription.) For a print requirement, you will receive a complimentary Monday – Friday paper for the duration of your course; for a digital requirement, you will receive a complimentary subscription to the same digital package you require of your students. Complimentary subscriptions are for the duration of your course.
To qualify for a complimentary subscription, send your course syllabus requiring The New York Times print edition or digital subscription to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must use your college e-mail address. Please provide contact information so an education account manager can get back to you.
Visit our library of Instructional Strategies, contributed by faculty around the nation, for discipline- and course-specific examples of how to integrate The Times into your course.
Getting The Times to Your Students
DIGITAL OR PRINT:
- Direct your students to nytimes.com/CollegeRate to order a print or digital subscription with a credit card. PRINT:
- Set up a classroom requirement for print subscriptions at nytimes.com/prof and inform your students by e-mail through our tool on the site.
- Distribute student order forms to your class. Contact us so we can provide you with the appropriate forms for your campus.
- Students may be able to pick up a copy of The Times provided by a newspaper readership program on your campus.
Please contact us to learn more about delivery options available on your campus or to request additional information.
We offer exceptional print or digital subscription rates to college faculty, staff and students, with savings of 50% or more.** To order, just visit nytimes.com/CollegeRate. Print subscribers may also order by calling (866) 776-3698.
Monday – Friday
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
$5.20/week or less
$7.60/week or less
Print subscribers get FREE All Digital Access, which includes unlimited access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes.com app for your smartphone and tablet.
INDIVIDUAL DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTIONS:
99¢ for the first 4 weeks, thereafter:
NYTIMES.COM + SMARTPHONE APP
$7.50 every 4 weeks
NYTIMES.COM + TABLET APP
$10.00 every 4 weeks
ALL DIGITAL ACCESS
$17.50 every 4 weeks
To order, visit nytimes.com/CollegeRate.
NYTIMES.COM GROUP SUBSCRIPTIONS
An NYTimes.com Group Subscription provides unlimited access to NYTimes.com and the NYTimes apps for specific users for a designated number of weeks. Subscription packages and rates per user are the same as for individual subscriptions at the college rate, including the first 4 weeks for 99 cents. You can be invoiced once or every four weeks. For details, restrictions and to order, please see the General Information and Order Form.
For more options on providing NYTimes.com access to multiple users, please see our Digital FAQ's for College Educators.
* Your complimentary Monday – Friday subscription will be for the period during which The Times is required on your syllabus. This offer is subject to delivery availability in your location. We may ask for verification of the number of students enrolled in the course. If you already subscribe to The Times or wish to start before your course begins, your Monday – Friday papers will be complimentary during the period of your course.
** Print product availability and rate vary by region. Offer expires June 30, 2013. Print or digital subscriptions at the college rate are available to current college faculty, staff, administrators and students. To qualify for a digital subscription at the college rate, you must also have a valid college or university e-mail address, which usually ends in .edu. Smartphone and tablet apps are not supported on all devices. Unlimited access to NYTimes.com does not include e-reader editions, Premium Crosswords or The New York Times Crosswords apps. Prices are subject to change. Other restrictions and taxes may apply. K-12 educators are eligible for subscriptions at a discounted rate and may visit NYTimes.com/TeacherRate or call (888) 698-2655.